The Department of Surgery at Saint Peter's is seeking an experiencedPhysician Assistant who is skilled at leading a dynamic team of four and who demonstrates a passion for training in all pediatric and adult surgical specialties (including robotics). This Lead Physician Assistant will spend time in the OR and round on the units. This is a unique opportunity for someone to gain unparalleledexperience in the surgical space.
What you need:
- To be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- A license to practice as PA in the state of New Jersey (pass the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination - PANCE) or for new graduate a temporary authorization, while waiting for license.
- Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistant (NCCPA).
- Leadership experience preferred.
What you will do:
- Work four (4) 10-hour days per week on a rotating basis (NO WEEKENDS).
- Manage and provide care patients requiring intensive care, intermediate care. Utilize team members and written protocols for consultation under the direction and supervision of the attending physician.
- Serve as the operational leader of the Team under the supervision of the Medical Director.
- Enhance the program and train new hires to the Surgical PA Program with the support of specialty surgeons.
- Execute all administrative responsibilities of being a lead- scheduling, recruitment, submitting Kronos, confirming the quality and accuracy of the team's documentation, monitoring performance issues, taking an active role in employee engagement, etc.
- Present a teamwork approach to problem resolution and offer solid communication of program expectationsand changes to workflow.
- Coordinate and lead monthly staff meetings between Program Physician Assistants.
- Have the opportunity to participate in various committees, hospital-wide quality improvement initiatives, policy development, research activities, and more!