We Are Hiring
Lead-Preceptor - Stepdown Intermediate Care (3 West) - Full-Time, Day - Ascension St. John Hospital - Detroit, MI
Unit Description: We are an Intermediate Care unit with 20 inpatient beds. We a have a compassion for caring for patients with Multiple Medical Diagnosis with a unique emphasis onSickle Cell Anemia, Alcohol Withdrawal, and Substance Abuse. Our 3 West Team believes in caring for each other, our patients, and their families through spiritually centered holistic care. We support professional development assuring our staff has opportunities that build on critical thinking and procedural skills essential in providing optimal safe patient care.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Performs all responsibilities and competencies of a RN.
- Provides educational opportunities and support for current and new associates to ensure transfer of learning related to competencies, unit educational needs, new procedures or changes in practice, new equipment and processes. Provides the unit manager with assistance in executing and monitoring adherence to new expectations and initiatives.
- Recognizes unit's culture and diversity and assists new associates with the transition to unit routines and the socialization processes.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- 1 year of clinical RN experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.