The Wonderful Company is seeking a Lead Teacher for Wonderful Preschool-a full-day preschool serving employees' children. This position requires a proven educator who is innovative, highly organized, and understands how to support the growth and development of children in their care.
Here's what you'll do:
The Lead Teacher is well-educated in early childhood education and development. They look at who the child is cognitively, socially, and emotionally. Lead Teachers embrace the individuality of each student and provides a safe and nurturing environment for all children. The Lead Teacher reports to the Director or Site Supervisor.
1. Knowledge of and ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations regarding a Preschool Center in the State of California.
2. Plan and provide developmentally appropriate activities across all developmental domains to create an instructional program that meets the needs of the whole child.
3. Ensure implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum and ongoing assessment.
4. Attend and participate in all relevant staff, center, and community meetings, activities, and events.
5. Remain current on issues and trends in the early childhood education field.
6. Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
1. B.A./B.S. degree preferred
2. Must hold a valid California Child Development Teacher, Master Teacher, or Site Supervisor Permit.
3. Minimum of 24 Units ECE/CD including core courses plus 16 General Education (GE) Units.
4. Minimum experience of 175 days of 3 hours per day within 4 years.
Skills & Abilities
1. Demonstrates advocacy in the community for the children and their program.
2. Accepts and values cultural, ethnic and linguistic diversity of participating families.
3. Able to work cooperatively with other staff members; accepts supervision and helps promote a positive atmosphere in the center.
4. Exhibits pride and enthusiasm in the profession and is committed to continuing professional growth.
5. Has completed pediatric CPR and First aid training through and accredited or approved program and holds a current pediatric CPR and first aid certificate.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
* Subsidized gym membership.
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
* Work-Life balance.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 9,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America's No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled