Our Bridgeport I location boasts two on-site outdoor play areas — including a rooftop playground — and a gym is available for indoor physical activities. We use the Creative Curriculum to design a learning environment that includes centers such as blocks, art, library, sand and water, music and movement, cooking and computers. Our center reflects the diversity of the neighborhood: each classroom includes multilingual staff members who speak English and Chinese. We collaborate with families to identify programs that provide social service resources, education, and training opportunities to suit their needs.
The talented staff members at Bridgeport I have dedicated their careers to early childhood education and are committed to helping you to be the best teacher you can be. We hope you’ll consider joining our team!
The Lead Early Childhood Education teacher (Type 04 or PEL with ECE Endorsement Certified) will create a stimulating learning environment by:
- Providing an educational setting that encourages excitement for learning and preparation for first grade
- Using the Creative Curriculum to provide developmentally appropriate activities responsive to the needs and interests of the children.
- May be responsible for supervising at least 2 staff providing supportive, reflective and positive leadership and guidance
- Conducts performance reviews that are well-written, objective and completed in a timely manner
- Develops goals for supervisors that are measurable and attainable
- Serves as a role model of professionalism
- Actively participates in center leadership team
- Follows all safety and health rules for the center, including all state, federal, NAEYC and One Hope United’s health and safety guidelines
- Completes paperwork which is well-written, thorough, and completed in a timely manner
- Partnering with co-teachers on best practices and creating a warm and welcoming environment
- Encouraging children to engage, discover, and problem-solve
- Supporting continuous collaboration with parents and families
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or relevant field
- Professional Educator License (PEL) with an Early Childhood Education endorsement required (OR Type 04) however if he or she is willing to pursue a Professional Educator License and holds any of the following:
- (A) An ECE Credential Level of 5 awarded by Gateways
- (B) An educator license w/ stipulations with a transitional bilingual educator endorsement and he or she has
- (i) passed an early childhood education content test or
- (ii) completed no less than 9 semester hours of post-secondary coursework in the area of early childhood education
- ESL Endorsement preferred
- Familiarity with Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies GOLD
We Invest In You
- Competitive pay and benefits, plus tuition reimbursement
- Generous vacation and PTO plans
- Health, dental, vision, 403b Retirement, flexible spending accounts, Agency paid life and LTD, supplemental life insurance
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
- Leadership opportunities on site-based Center Management Teams
- Relocation assistance is available
- Discounted child care tuition
A Different Kind Of Employer One Hope United is strong and ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
- 800 talented professionals strong, serving 10,000 children and families in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Florida
- Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency-- strong since 1895
- Energetic leadership and a rich community of support
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
"child care teacher" , daycare , day care , "careers with children" , teacher , infant teacher , toddler teacher , "day school teacher" , preschool teacher , preschool education , early education , early learning , early learning , "early childhood education" , "early childhood development" , child development , kindergarten ,