Little Sunshine's Playhouse & Preschool is currently accepting applications for a lead teacher in our toddler classroom. Qualified applicants will meet and exceed all Child Care Licensing requirements, possess a teamwork mindset, great communication and organization skills and have a strong work history.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of the children at all times.
- Plan and carry out the curriculum.
- Write weekly classroom newsletters to communicate to families in accordance with standards.
- Create daily reports for each child focusing on positive behavior and/or lessons learned including a photo or video every day for each child.
- Implement and follow the daily schedule to ensure a routine.
- Make sure the classroom is age-appropriate and fun! Keep walls decorated and learning centers open and available.
- Keep classroom, bathroom, and closet neat and orderly.
- Maintain ratio (advise administrator if over or under).
- Conduct individual parent/teacher conferences at least twice a year in June and December.
- Be familiar with school policies and licensing rules.
- Report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect
- Handle discipline promptly and in accordance with the stated policy on discipline.
- Train and oversee any assistant teachers, substitutes and floaters working in your class.
- Oversee sanitation and universal precautions policies.
- Facilitate parent involvement and positive communication.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the position in order to offer children and parents consistency.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. approximately 100 times per day/shift.
- Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching reaching, pulling, pushing, grasping, hearing, talking, and repetitive motion are physical requirements of the position.
- Meet and exceed all state Child Care Licensing requirements
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Possess a teamwork mindset, strong communication skills, organization skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to build rapport with children, families and peers
Benefits Our Teachers Enjoy:
- Health, vision, dental
- Childcare discount
- Teacher appreciation activities
- Paid time off
- Paid training hours
Compensation based on education and experience.0