Lead Process Engineer-Global Nonwovens
Location: Corinth, Mississippi
Process Engineers at Kimberly-Clark deliver manufacturing processes in a manner that meets safety, quality, and operational performance expectations. The Process Engineer for this role will provide leadership and creativity in design, development, optimization and problem solving for manufacturing. You typically have expertise in high speed manufacturing or experience in related continuous process manufacturing. Process Engineers demonstrate an ability to provide work direction to a broad range of team members. You would report to an Engineering Team Leader or Operations Team Leader and receives direction in the form of general project objectives.
Customers: Sector Management, Project Sponsors, Product and Technology Development (R&E), Global Nonwovens Product Supply, Mill Maintenance, Base Machine Teams, Mill Leadership Team, External Technical Consultants, Consumers
Responsibilities include meeting team objectives in safety, quality, asset management, cost, and team development. Incumbent is recognized for technical knowledge in process engineering, and works within the technical team structure supporting trial and capital for the purpose of growing our innovation capability, while providing flexibility and personal/organizational sensitivity
- Lead single or multiple product or process improvement projects from conception through commercialization for a nonwovens mill.
- Exposure to mill-wide projects and cost transformation initiatives.
- Provide process engineering support on resolution of process and equipment problems.
- Provide mentorship on process and qualification trials
- Utilize continuous improvement techniques to design and develop improvements to the manufacturing process
- Provide communication and training associated with trial coordination
- Provide coaching and development to team members
- Maintain innovation planning and communication timelines
- Manage engineering changes for trial requests
- Participate in ongoing cost reduction programs
- Assist in developing the team’s maintenance and operating supply budget
- Safety: Safety is a value and world-class safety is pursued. Carries out all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop and deliver equipment and processes that meet safety requirements, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well-being of operators, maintenance and other personnel.
- Environmental: Comply with local, state, and federal environmental regulations as defined by mill policies, procedures, employee training, and site experts.
- Quality: Improve process capability to deliver a reduction in defects and variability. Identify, develop, and implement products, processes, materials, systems, and procedures to achieve business objectives and adhere to federal laws.
- Diversity: Provide leadership that helps the organization attract, develop, and retain the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
- Design and Development: Lead the initiation, design, and development of manufacturing, converting, and supporting processes.
- Technical Knowledge: Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized for expertise and guidance in application of engineering and maintenance principles.
- Problem Solving: Seek, recognize, define and solve problems/opportunities to achieve unit objectives.
- Communications: Communicate fully with supervisors, subordinates and others. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- People Development: Assist in the development of others in the area of incumbent's expertise while demonstrating an understanding of those with a diverse background or experience.
- Requires a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Chemical Engineering, Textile Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in technical assignments
- Have the process knowledge and the desire for improvement to create a more competitive future by finding opportunities and relentlessly pursuing them.
- Familiarity with high-speed manufacturing equipment, installations, and machine startups.
- Able to demonstrate One K-C Behaviors (Build Trust, Make Decisions, Win Consistently, Think Customer, Continuously Improve, and Build Talent).
- A demonstrated ability to perform in multi-functional teams to achieve objectives within required timeframes.
- Strong experience using statistical tools in a manufacturing environment to improve quality, solve problems and optimize the product and process.
- Contributes to problem-solving, can establish standards, and committed to improvement.
- Capable of providing work direction, decision-making and team leadership elements such as goal setting or returning to "standard".
- 5 years or more of experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in technical assignments involving web handling and non-wovens
- Experience using manufacturing analysis tools such as PI, Proficy, statistical process control, data mining methods, and Six Sigma Methods.
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving results
- A demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project results within required timeframes.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.