Reporting to the Manager Sterile Processing, Sterile Processing, this position is responsible for assisting in the organization and oversight of the daily work activities in the SPD Processing area. The incumbent will assist SPD Technicians in developing critical thinking and problem solving skills for routine sterilization and organizational flow issues. This position will also serve as shift leader, demonstrating strong competence in decontamination, assembly, sterilization, sterile storage and case cart assembly activities and oversee the equipment distribution and cleaning processes.
1. High school diploma or equivalent is required. Some college is preferred.
2. Strong critical thinking, customer service skills, and computer experience are required.
3. Demonstrated leadership skills are required.
4. Math skills and attention to detail are required.
5. Knowledge of proper handling of clean, sterile, and contaminated supplies, instruments and equipment is required.
6. Sterile Processing (CRCST or CSPDT), or Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) certification is required.
7. CIS or CER certification is required within six (6) months of hire into position.
8. Minimum of five years working in a sterile processing environment within a hospital setting is required.