At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Lead Production Associate coordinates activities of and provides coaching and guidance to workers on the production line. The Lead Associate works alongside and with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Lead is responsible for following and enforcing all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor.
- Respectfully communicate with all co-workers. Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee instructions to provide advice on how to properly perform their task (i.e. how to put kit boxes in the assembly box or to maintain single piece flow on their line).
- Respectfully support and follow direction from all managers and supervisors about line performance.
- Keep track of line count
- Work to continuously improve in all areas. Ensure all actions better the business of HelloFresh and do not break any company policies.
- Coach all employees to follow HelloFresh policies and procedures
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures
- Performs duties of workers supervised, as needed
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Quality Assurance and/or Supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Completes tasks as directed by with minimum supervision.
- Occasionally required to prepare ingredients using tools such as food scales, measuring spoons and cups, etc., as needed
- Update production numbers in the computer system; must be able to use a computer and type/data entry
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Leadership and fostering team cooperation for a large group of employees
- Results Driven
- Time Management: maintaining momentum and keeping employees on task to meet goals and deadlines
- Basic mathematics
- Communications: expresses ideas and thoughts clearly and with tact and diplomacy.
This position provides guidance to employees by coordinating work and resolving problems. The production lead’s performance is evaluated by their leadership of the production employees, productivity of their designated team, quality/quantity of information reported each shift, and ability to control employee performance on the team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing and assembly environment and is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10º - 40º). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon production needs. The Production Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish production each day.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of related experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be willing and able to work entire schedule as we cannot accommodate partial shifts or early/late arrivals.
- Must be able to count and have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.
• Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
• Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
• $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
• Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
• Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
• Emergency child and adult care services
• Snacks & monthly catered lunches
• Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.