Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Lead Production Technician is responsible for and has the authority to direct and motivate technicians in a safe and efficient manner ensuring production of a quality product.
- Ensures products are in accordance with customer specified requirements.
- Reports on the effectiveness and performance of production activities to the Manufacturing Leader.
- Continued focus on Site’s Quality, Reliability, Scrap and Safety goals are maintained at all times.
- Resolves machinery and quality problems in the production area.
- Monitors and assists changeovers, productivity and scrap.
- Ensures the staffing of personnel according to the production schedule.
- Inspects line set-ups and continuously monitors operations and supplies.
- Follows and enforces company and local work rules, safety rules, policies, BOS and SAP standards and activities.
- Controls costs in the areas of quality, efficiency, downtime and scrap.
- Completes all mandatory logs, reports, etc.
- Follows all customer specifications for GMP as related to containers. This includes Personal Hygiene and clothing requirements.
- Follows all Micro and Sanitization procedures as mandated by customer.
- Initiate action for food safety issues.
- Other job-related duties as assigned or required.
- Related AA, B.S./B.A. degree or related experience.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills as demonstrated by pre-hire or pre-promotion screening and testing, transcripts, and/or references.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated in the context of the interview process.
- Strong written communication skills as demonstrated by testing, transcripts, or other designated methods.
- Strong supervisory skills verifiable through pre-hire or pre-promotion screening and verifiable references.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program