- You will support an IPT of mechanical, electrical, software, system, test, motor, and other engineers to develop new or upgrade existing electro-mechanical actuator products for aerospace applications.
- You will plan the design and verification activities for new product developments.
- You will support proposal teams in response to customer requests for quote and internal cost out initiatives.
- You will deliver on program milestones by estimating task durations, identify resource needs and track tasks to closure.
- You will be the main technical customer interface for project.
- You will manage assigned tasks and team tasks to meet schedule and budget.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a project or program lead/manager.
- Experience with new product development.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Aerospace Experience.
- Experience with Actuators.
- Systems Engineering experience.
- Experience guiding New Product Development team(s) from product inception through to initial production launch.
- Experience supporting combined electrical and mechanical development programs.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Experience developing productive working relationships with functions and organizations outside of Engineering.
- Experience communicating project status to senior level members of the organization.
- PMP certified.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing and able to work with suppliers and offshore resources.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
The Lead Project Engineer-Systems is responsible for providing engineering team leadership for the new product development of aerospace electro-mechanical actuation products from proposal through initial production. This role includes supporting the Technical Integrated Product Team (IPT) by driving the team to program milestones, controlling costs, design integrity and ensuring a high-level of engineering discipline.