Job Location: Tampa, FL or Whippany, NJ
Role Value Proposition:
The Lead QA Engineer will be a critical member of the Investments QA team for a portfolio of $100M+ and 80+ applications. The ideal candidate will work with teams of developers, architects, business analysts and subject matter experts to develop, implement, and sustain complex test automation solutions in a continuous integration environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong sense of quality, knowledge of agile automation techniques and tools; and accountable for establishing and enhancing our automation framework to improve quality and stability of supported systems.
- Design and implement automated test frameworks and help streamline quality governance
- Enhance the current Continuous testing capability and drive to enable all applications in the CT pipeline
- Provide guidance on best practices when developing automation code including comment documentation, maintainability, and data-driven development
- Train and coach other team members on developing automation tests using the established automation framework
- Troubleshoot environmental set-up issues related to automation; manage standard coding documentation
- Develop test plans including recommended test approach, test environment requirements, and data strategies
- Design, code, maintain, and execute automated scripts, database verification, and data-driven tests; partner with QA Operations to manage and support QA Toolsets
- Recommend continuous process improvement ideas, provide regular status updates to project team and QA Manager regarding progress, deliver presentations and demos; actively participate as a member of the QA organization
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- BA/BS required, with major in related technical field preferred
- 3+ years working experience in a DevOps model, delivering code through CI/CT/CD pipeline
- 5+ years working experience with a combinaion of - Selenium WebDrive, Angular JS / Protractor, SQL, SOAP & REST Webservices Testing (SOAP UI or similar)
- 4+ years of experience with full SDLC, software engineering best practices, and QA processes with Agile/SCRUM methods
- Be adaptable to change, highly accountable, organized, and constantly looking for process improvements, with proven ability to meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy
- Skilled capability to test and debug test automation and software tools developed by self and others.
- Experience working in a QA on/offshore delivery model
- 3+ years of experience with building and testing Java REST micro services using test automation frameworks
- Experience with tools like Test Complete, Service Virtualization, and working with the cloud like Azure
- Knowledge on shift left methodologies like BDD and ATDD
- Testing in Cloud – ideally Azure
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110713
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey