If interested please send updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
QA Automation Lead II, IT
Job Summary: In the role of Test Automation Lead, you will act as an automation and performance testing quality assurance expert and review the functionality of existing systems. There will be a focus on development & testing of new and existing features, troubleshooting and identifying platform issues, architecting and implementing long-term quality automation solutions. The candidate will implement automated best practices using Selenium/Java technologies, GIT, Jenkins, and appropriate load testing solutions. The candidate will also handle code reviews and work with the team to ensure that existing solutions are easily maintainable and implemented in a timely fashion. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Accountable for team results in partnership with management
Effectively guides and assists team members on a proactive basis to ensure goals are met
- Collaborate with inter or intra department team members and internal or external stakeholders
- Serve as first point of escalation for team members’ questions
- Assist new employee orientation within area of responsibility
- Maintain system and application documentation for changes implemented by team
- Identify, communicate and champion system and process improvements within area of responsibility
- Participate in incident, problem and capacity management processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues within area of responsibility
- Enforce set standards and Service Level Agreement (SLA’s) compliance where applicable
- Manage team assignments and communicate progress, status and issues as directed by management
- Assist management with establishing, communicating, monitoring, and reporting on team goals and monitor and report team progress
- Act as a liaison between stakeholders and team members for area of responsibility
- Demonstrate leadership skills to increase productivity and facilitate execution of stated strategy
- Review, approve and report on team deliverables as directed by the Manager
- Hold regularly scheduled team meetings to support communication, team education and status updates
- Ensure that solutions adhere to current standards and methodologies for area of responsibility
- Oversee team members’ compliance to established policies and procedures within area of responsibility
- Regular attendance is required
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- 5 years’ work experience leading teams in a technology environment
- Microsoft Office skills required
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills required
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience of managing, monitoring, and maintaining large-scale, highly available, Internet facing networks and applications
- Deep understanding of technology environment and standards for area of responsibility required
- Current, industry recognized, certification related to area of responsibility is required
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment; to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation; and demonstrate problem solving and analytical skills a must.
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
- Experience with self-motivation to accomplish solo tasks and working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment required
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organization, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language required
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Must be able to lift approximately 10-15 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift approximately 10-15 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178