Job Title: Lead Retail Pharmacy Tech (Retail Pharmacy)
Shift: Day/Evening– Full Time
Summary of Department/Service Line: UPMC Pinnacle has a vision for a healthier community. That is why in everything we do, our goal is to meet or exceed the expectations of our patients and their families. As a leading employer in the region, UPMC Pinnacle strives to attract and retain talented, compassionate people who share this same vision. There are many benefits in becoming an employee at UPMC Pinnacle:
- Fast paced Inpatient environment with leading-edge technology
- Career Ladder and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Work collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and pharmacists
- Competitive wages and benefits
Job Summary: The Lead Pharmacy Technician, under the direction and supervision of a pharmacist, will assist in the preparation, dispensing, charging and delivery of medications, and front-end items to patients. In addition, the Lead Pharmacy Technician provides leadership and serves as a role model for other pharmacy technicians during the performance of daily pharmacy activities and during training. Patients served include all age groups include all age groups.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) obtained and maintained including required continuing education credits.
- Minimum of three years retail pharmacy experience.
- Employee must regularly perform at least outpatient medication filling, restocking, nonsterile compounding, repackaging, and controlled substance handling.
- Willingly reports, as assigned, to any facility that utilizes UPMC Pinnacle Pharmacy services.
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience.
To Apply, click the Apply button below
The online application must be completed in full in order to be considered for a position with UPMC Pinnacle. If your work history extends beyond the four work history spaces on our application, please be sure to submit a resume inclusive of all of your work history in order to have full consideration of your experience.
Pharmacy, Pharmacy Tech, Pharmacy Technician, Pharm Tech, Technician, Certified Pharmacy Technician, Certified Pharm Tech, Certified Pharmacy Tech, PTCB, Retail Pharmacy, Lead Retail Pharmacy Tech, Apothecary Pharmacy, healthcare, prescriptions, hospital, hospital pharmacy, CPhT, pharmacy technician trainee, AZ tech in training, prior authorization, customer service, mail order pharmacy, pharmaceutical, PBM, pharmacy benefit management
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a two to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams and parts of Snyder counties.