Small startup gene regulation biotech company, based in the South San Francisco area, is looking to hire a Lead Scientist to lead a group using HTS (High Throughput Screening) of novel guide and effector domains for new therapeutic strategies to enhance regenerative pathways to mitigate complex diseases.
This person will be driving the planning & research for this discovery team including setting up the HTS automation, mentoring and training scientists, working with investors and putting together information for patent applications.
Our clients mission is to help patients regain independence through the thoughtful design of safe and reversible therapeutics. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in building a companys technology and culture from the ground up.
- PhD with 4+ years experience in molecular biology, cell engineering, genetic engineering, epigenetics or developmental biology
- Experience with HTS automation
- Experience with MSC (mesenchymal stem cell) iPS or embryonic stem cell differation
- Experience with gene expression profiling
- Experience designing AAV preferred
- Technical experience in some combination of the following areas: various molecular cloning techniques; stable cell line generation; viral vector manipulation; high-throughput screening techniques; bioinformatics analysis; epigenetics
- Experience mentoring and training other scientists
- Prior program / project manager experience; patent filing / preparation experience; familiarity with program management software
- Excellent scientific skills in experimentation, record-keeping and both oral and written presentation
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within established timelines.
- Lead discovery team in HTS of novel guides and effectors domains in alignment with corporate goals
- Accountable as the primary contact for discovery program team-related information and for obtaining and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of the program scope, deliverables, timelines, status and key risks
- Setting up, maintaining, and efficiently operating cost-effective laboratory operations
- Design and development of disease modeling assays through comparative experiments
- Assists colleagues in experiments and lab techniques training
- Maintaining inventory and ensuring equipment maintenance
- Technology transfer between external parties to the company
- Mentor and manage a team of PhD scientists and research associates