Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Lead/Senior Accounting Analyst in our Houston office locations.
Lead PP&E Analyst
This position is responsible for reporting to management with respect to Targa Resources asset management program. This person must be detail oriented, and possess excellent communication skills, both the verbal and written. This individual must work well with others at various levels of the organization. The ideal candidate must also be able to analyze issues and bring solutions to the table and should possess the ability to build simple queries/ reports arising out of impromptu requests.
Specifically, the job duties/responsibilities are:
- Fixed Asset to GL reconciliation. Responsibility will reside with this individual to ensure that subledger stays in balance with the General Ledger each month.
- Interact with the Tax department and provide support as needed on fixed asset additions retirements and dispositions.
- Prepare tax books load file based on Tax Department’s analysis
- Calculate and Reconcile ARO. Document the results of the periodic update.
- Fixed asset close and depreciation journals monthly
- Prepare and record monthly journal entries timely to achieve close deadline.
- Prepare CAPEX Reports
- Prepare Project and OPEX billings for JV partners and coordinate with commercial teams to resolve any questions
- Prepare assigned account reconciliations in accordance with published deadlines
- Prepare HFM entries as needed for cash flow tagging
- Prepare Railroad commission Gas Utility Tax entries
- Prepare Annual Railroad commission Filings
- Special assignments on request by management
- Handle day to day lease accounting activities
- Minimum 5-10 years of Accounting experience, preferable in energy company Property Department
- Bachelors in accounting / CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to coordinate with field personnel and peers
- Must possess the skill set to think critically and analytically to effectively problem solve
- Prefer Oracle Cloud and HFM experience.