BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The SEO / SEM Lead will lead the online marketing efforts for BJs.com. The SEO / SEM Lead will be responsible for developing / defining and implementing the company search strategy. As our online presence is extremely important for the success of business, your position will play a huge role in driving our business' growth and success. The SEO / SEM Lead works on behalf of the business in ensuring that when the audience searches for content that is relevant to the business in key search engines, the business’s websites, blog sites, and online pages appear among the top results and applies search optimization, website techniques, as well as paid internet marketing methods such as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising in the execution of the strategy. This role will report to and work in close collaboration with the Director of Digital Marketing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develops and implements the strategic online marketing plan BJ's Ecommerce SEO and SEM programs.
- Stays up to date on industry best practices and trends in digital marketing.
- Manage the design, customer segmentation, messaging, analytics, and test-and-learn strategies for bjs.com and other subdomain for SEM campaigns.
- Define SEO strategy for BJ’s Wholesale Club.
- Works with SEO and SEM vendors to help implement search strategy.
- Works with membership team to Identify site enhancements needed to increase member growth, conversion, and order value.
- Perform detailed analysis across programs, campaigns and segments and make actionable recommendations for improvement. Use web analytics to study customer email behavior and recommend improvements.
- Plan, develop and implement our SEO / SEM strategies
- Serve as a liaison between brand marketing, merchants and membership acquisition team to ensure all digital efforts align with digital marketing strategy defined based on company priority
- Work towards organic search optimization and ROI maximization
- Regularly perform thorough keywords research
- Set program goals and Identify key KPIs per channel to measure
- Identify our buyer persona to better target identified audiences
- Identify problems and deficiency and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Suggest improvements for process and productivity optimization
- Work with content and creative team to collect assets needed for projects and promotions
- Achieving new membership goals, through digital membership acquisition programs.
- Works cross functionally to manage the end to end life of all digital membership acquisition programs, from creative, to implementation to measurement/reporting.
- Works within budget guidelines to achieve goals.
- Uses creativity and innovative thought to develop new digital tactics and employs a test and learn strategy to pinpoint new investments.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as Search Engine Marketing Specialist or similar role
- 3 to 5 years of experience with planning and implementing a successful SEO strategy
- Proven success in SEO
- 3 to 5 years of experience web analytics, marketing, and business development
- Experience with A/B testing and other testing metrics
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in relevant quantitative fields.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.