Job ID: 160369
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking a full-time 1st ShiftDepartment Lead at our location in Fife, WA. We are looking for hard workers who want to grow and develop with us. The Department Lead reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for assisting in streamlining the production line by maintaining a consistent progress flow in the line operation of the shipping & receiving department. This position may have daily or weekend overtime as dictated by the production schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist plant manager in overseeing personnel and production to ensure the final product is manufactured safely, is of high quality, and delivered on time to customer.
- Drive production goals for the Department and strive to exceed expectations on a daily basis
- Maintain production line housekeeping and conduct continuous housekeeping tasks.
- Operate all sections/stations of the work center for employee training and troubleshooting purposes.
- Assist department supervisor in handling the production line personnel as well as the production work-flow.
- Train new hires and/or transfers into the department.
- Ensure that all personnel, prior to the start of shift, are wearing the correct safety equipment and that safety awareness is maintained.
- Ensure that individuals are applying proper techniques that comply with proper quality control procedures.
- Check machinery for proper function and report to supervisor if necessary.
- Ensure that work effort is being applied effectively and that company quality standards and production capacities for the shift are met.
- Provide feedback to Plant Manager regarding performance of department employees.
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
- All other duties as assigned by Plant Manager and/or EP Service Center Manager
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for a Department Lead position, the following conditions must be met:
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience
- Minimum 2 years lead experience
- Ability to lead by example
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer familiarity
- Ability to read and use a tape measure
- Read and perform mathematical calculations and measurements with numbers, fractions, and decimals normally acquired through high school education or equivalency
- Dolly, forklift, crane, glass cups, tape measure, calculator, pallet jack, caliper, and computer
- Hazards - Exposure to Chemicals/Fumes, Pinch Points, Exposure to Excessive Noise, Strain/Sprain, Laceration/Puncture, Particulate Exposure, Contusion, Temperature Extremes, Slipping, Burns , Shock, Loss of Limbs
- Controls - Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Training, Written Procedures
- Safety Equipment – Hard hat, back belt, safety glasses, steel toe shoes/boots, cut resistant gloves, cut resistant outerwear, other equipment as dictated by the specific department
- Noise levels in the work environment can be moderate to high.
- The plant facility is subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
- Chemicals, dust, pollen, and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE.
- While some chemicals may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals.
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous communication program.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.