Lead Software Engineer– Center for AI and Cognitive Computing
Come join a team of creative and innovative software developers dedicated to working on leading edge problems with research scientists and engineers. You and your team will collaborate to create the next generation of products powered by Artificial Intelligence that will help our customers find the answers they are looking for.
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to use exceptional development skills, and learn and grow in technologies like Big Data, search engines, recommendation systems and machine learning.
Thomson Reuters is at the forefront of development of technology that will revolutionize how people access and use information by interacting with intelligent machines. The Centre for Cognitive Computing is a branch of Thomson Reuters Research & Development dedicated to advancing the state of the art in machine perception, reasoning, knowledge management and human-computer interfaces. Thomson Reuters provides authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the legal, tax and accounting, corporates and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are looking for a motivated and self-driven Lead Software Engineer to join our growing team of scientists, architects and engineers in Eagan, MN. You will be part of a team who will build ground-breaking solutions and make significant advancements to products across Thomson Reuters that empower our customers with critical answers.
- Implement algorithms and develop systems for information retrieval, machine learning, information extraction, text categorization, text mining, or related areas in the context of large online delivery environments.
- Execution of such projects, including:
- Planning and directing development efforts of others
- Implementation of prototypes and the design of experiments to evaluate them
- Work closely with researchers performing experiments to validate key algorithms and architectures associated with such prototypes
- Continuously develop new software development skills and contribute to the innovation that is this group's primary mission.
- Mentor and guide junior software engineers.
- Effectively interact with external groups as part of cross-functional project teams.
- BS degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, including at least 3 years of application or web service development.
- Core competency in object-oriented design and development using the Java language.
- Excellent and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience working with customers to capture requirements.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of cloud technology and deployment.
- Experience with Python programming language or other languages.
- Experience with large scale, real-time data processing systems.
- Significant experience with SQL or NoSQL database design concepts.
- Experience with Agile or similar development methodologies
- Familiarity with any of the following technologies is a plus: natural language processing, machine learning, information retrieval, information extraction, document classification, summarization, and named entity extraction and resolution.
Candidates will be expected to be able to demonstrate their programming capabilities.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America