Zappos.com is looking for a Lead Software Engineer, Android!
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be a key member of the Zappos Android team, with opportunities to take on a large amount of ownership and responsibility across several different products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to define, design, and ship new features.
- Leverage your Android development experience to educate colleagues, and to influence design, architecture and implementation approaches within the team.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to improve the customer experience and maximise development velocity.
- Ship high quality solutions efficiently.
- Closely monitor application performance and respond with urgency to operational issues and bugs.
- Design, implement and launch projects with significant complexity or that improve larger architecture deficiencies.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of software development experience with at least 2 years of native Android app development experience.
- Strong Java and Android SDK development skills.
- Strong knowledge of development tools such as Android Studio, git, and gradle.
- Working knowledge of RxJava, Dagger, OkHttp, Retrofit and Android architecture components or a strong desire to learn.
- Automated test experience.
- The ability to drive projects forward and work through problems and solutions independently.
- A good sense of balance between pragmatic solutions and delivering high quality software that adheres to industry best practices.
- A solid understanding of design approaches (and how to best use them).
What you didn't know about the team:
Our apps have been featured numerous times in the Play Store. We have a strong emphasis on design, and have been an early adopter of each iteration of Material Design. A collaboration with Google earlier this year lead to our app being featured at Google I/O. Check out the write up here: https://material.io/articles/material-partner-studies.html. We’re passionate about Kotlin, RxJava and all things Android. Let's talk!