Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
Collaborate with key business and technical personnel to implement solutions in support of Thomson Reuters Legal product initiatives, utilizing Agile methods and practices. Duties include:
1. Participate in and drive team design discussions, detailing technical direction and technologies;
2. Provide work breakdown and estimates for complex software development tasks; contribute to project schedules, identifying milestones;
3. Balance and prioritize multiple projects concurrently;
4. Ensure code quality, leveragability, scalability and maintainability;
5. Collaborate with cross-functional teams and architects to understand business requirements and set technical strategies and direction;
6. Identify strategic/tactical solutions and provide risk assessments and recommendations to business and technology leadership;
7. Articulate complex problems, concepts and solutions through formal and informal means to technical and non-technical audiences;
8. Serve as a primary technical point of contact for the module community, asking and answering questions and providing module oversight;
10. Support Cobalt applications; partner with operations teams to help resolve infrastructure related issues impacting releases or production systems;
11. Mentor software engineers in design and coding best practices in individual and group settings;
12. Create and update technical documentation;
13. Contribute using multiple source control and task management tools, especially TFS and Git;
14. Partner with the business and other technologists to determine the technical design for feature requirements and write design specifications, programming specifications, and documentation.
A Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or a related field followed by 5 years of post-baccalaureate experience in a software engineering-related occupation.
Experience must include the following, which may have been gained concurrently:
1) 5 years of experience in Object Oriented designs and patterns;
4) 5 years of experience with modern task runners and dependency management tools, including Grunt and NPM; modern front-end frameworks, including React and Angular using Angular CLI; and older front-end frameworks, including AngularJS and Backbone;
5) 5 years of experience solving complex problems independently and generating technical solutions;
6) 5 years of experience in an agile software development environment;
7) 5 years of experience with REST based web services.
Job site: 610 Opperman Dr., Eagan, MN 55123. Full-time.
Employer: West Publishing Corporation
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America