Are you excited about using cloud technologies, open-source frameworks, and cutting-edge tools in a dynamic environment? Are you a self-starter, ever-ready to apply your technical acumen and make recommendations to business and technology leadership? Then we want you on our Panoramic team.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, results-driven engineer who is passionate about developing the next-generation application to delight our customers in the legal industry. Our Technology team works in an innovative, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment, building large-scale systems and solutions for Legal Professionals.
In this energizing role, you will be collaborating with business partners and architects to analyze, define, design, and develop major software components to meet our customer needs. You will also provide technical leadership to a small team of engineers to ensure that the software implementation meets the agreed upon specification and architecture design.
- Leads team design discussions, detailing technical direction and technologies leveraged.
- Creates and archives technical documentation artifacts.
- Ensures code quality, leveragability, scalability, maintainability, and product integration quality.
- Provides code reviews.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and architects to understand business requirements and set technical strategies and roadmaps for the system.
- Identifies strategic/tactical solutions and provides risk assessments and recommendations to business and technology leadership.
- Provides work breakdown and estimates for complex software development tasks.
- Escalates issues or risks at iteration level.
- Coach and provide technical leadership to others on the team.
Your role will include working with the following tools and technologies:
- AWS, UNIX/Shell
- Groovy, Java, jUnit, Spock, SQL, Elasticsearch
- SonarQube, Docker
- Jenkins, Gradle
- IntelliJ, Git, TFS
- Angular, ngrx
- Understand the impact of technical decisions at a team and department level.
- Understanding of security best practices for cloud native/web development.
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with software development tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated technology leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into development stories and tasks with estimates in Agile development.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to get work done through others.
- Must be motivated; a self-starter, results oriented individual with a successful track record.
- Ability to research new and emerging technologies.
- Effective time management, ability to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build solid relationships with team members.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to present ideas and document artifacts to business, technology and executive audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience required. Computer Science degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America