Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Lead Software Engineer / Hands-on Manager - Cleantech / Greentech
Louisville, Colorado (you can work from home 1-2 times per week)
This company is making a positive impact on the environment while also building a highly lucrative business.
The company's product is in the realms of Robotics, AI, Industrial Automation, Cleantech/Greentech, and Sustainability.
The company's team and revenues are rapidly growing.
The company will pay competitive salary, plus equity which could be very lucrative.
- About 20% of your time will be spent on management, 80% doing individual contributorship engineering. The management overhead is very low; the team is pretty autonomous
- Ideally your software engineering work will be 50% front end and 50% backend. There's a slight preference for more backend expertise although there is a little more front end work to be done in the short term. Depending on your preference, you could be as much as 70% backend or 70% front end.
- Leading 2 front end engineers and 1 backend engineer. The company expects that you could be leading 6 people by the end of 2020.
- Leading the web software team through the company's rapid growth.
- Interacting with cross functional team directors and leads on behalf of the web team to manage deliverables and delegate work accordingly.
- Promoting communication throughout the team and between the web team and other teams.
- The team has about 5-6 distinct projects and at any given time they may focus on one of them. They will work at a fast pace and do frequent context switching between various projects.
- At least 1 year of engineering leadership experience (the more the better as long as you also have remained mostly hands-on)
- Full stack experience, having done architecture and and development of web applications
- Startup experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud services
Nice to have:
- Experience with Flask.
- Experience with Angular.
- Solid understanding of design process and UX principles.
- Open source project contributions.
- Experience with products involving robotics.
- Experience with projects logging and analyzing sensor input (hardware / IOT).
- Experience with applications for large numbers of paying users.
- Experience with devices / IoT.
- Experience with critical systems (such as infrastructure, medical, aerospace).
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here:
Software Development / Engineering Manager