Our Clientâ€™s Product Engineering team has been tasked with building a technology platform to service the needs of medical aesthetic professionals and patients. They are poised to release their platform, AllÄ“, this year to an audience of nearly 25,000 providers and 6 million consumers.
Join Our Team:
Weâ€™re looking for a Lead Software Engineer who is interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If thatâ€™s you, please read on.
- Champion code quality, reusability, scalability and security
- Drive strategic software architecture decisions
- Collaborate with product, UI/UX, engineering and outside vendors to develop high functioning software
- Develop a deep understanding of the jobs-to-be-done by our customers and translate that knowledge into intuitive product features
- Mentor software engineers utilizing proven design patterns and your experience building large scale public facing software
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Take small seedling ideas or concepts and turn them into high fidelity technical game plans
- Care about who you work with and how work is done. We hire carefully and the entire team is given the opportunity to take part in evaluating potential hires
- Relate to our core values (see below) and would like to contribute to a positive working environment and culture
â€Required Experience & Technical Skills:
- At least 8 years as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- At least 2 yearâ€™s experience leading engineering teams
- Knowledgeable and passionate about TypeScript, Node.js, GraphQL and associated frameworks and packages
- Experience with modern front-end technologies like React.js, Gatsby.js and similar
- Adept at drafting, validating and implementing software systems architecture
- Understanding of modern development and deployment technologies and can speak thoroughly to their pros and cons
- Experience with hiring and managing teams of 3 or more while organizing and prioritizing tasks
- Strong familiarity with data structures, algorithms and common design patterns
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL flavors like PostgreSQL, MySQL and DynamoDB
- Proponent of code testing and familiar with the common frameworks for unit, integration and functional tests
- Comfortable working within a Linux/Unix environment
- Proficient with Git version control
- Preference for modern, thoughtful and beautiful UI/UX, as well as tools like Figma, Sketch and InVision
- Well versed in the serverless application framework, AWS Lambda and microservice architectures
- You've built GraphQL API's and are familiar with the Apollo Platform
- DevOps skills including AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, CI/CD, etc.
- Experience building iOS and Android applications using React Native
- Be Humble: Youâ€™re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
Powered by JazzHR