Requisition ID: 19789
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Do you want to be part of the digital transformation of the appliance industry? Do you want to revolutionize how consumers experience and interact with their major appliances in kitchen and laundry?
If you are looking for a great opportunity to apply the latest developments in machine learning technologies to delight consumers, then this is a great opportunity for you.
We are looking for a talented software leader to be part of advanced software development team within the Global Electronics organization at Whirlpool. Whirlpool Corporation is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. You will be part of the global team that is responsible for developing software for all of Whirlpool products. This position will be located in San Jose (Bay area) in California.
The role involves application of machine learning techniques in areas of computer vision, speech recognition, natural language processing (NLP) and more to deliver innovative features to consumers in a broad range of Whirlpool's cooking and laundry products. The candidate will become a subject matter expert in the area of machine learning and will be able to lead efforts within the organization of applying the latest technologies.
- Define and develop solutions using latest developments in machine learning (deep learning) techniques to bring delightful consumer experiences Whirlpool products
- Apply computer vision techniques (including deep learning as well as classical computer vision techniques as appropriate) to bring intelligence to Whirlpool products.
- Apply speech recognition and natural language processing techniques to develop and bring voice user interfaces (VUI) to our products
- Maintain knowledge of latest advancements in machine learning technologies, frameworks, and solutions and bring ideas on how they can be applied in Whirlpool products.
- Contribute to the overall architecture and implementation of smart IoT products. Work across teams to provide software architecture solutions.
- Design and make decisions regarding system architecture spanning multiple functional areas.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for team members.
- Investigate and apply emerging technologies and new design approaches.
- Develop and implement sound software development practices.
- Assist other engineers through instruction and leadership.
- Provide creative solutions to complex problems.
- Participate in functional, technical, and code reviews.
- Work in an Agile environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or in lieu of a degree, at least 10 years of experience in computer science, software development or software engineering
- 5+ years of experience in computer science, software development or software engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to apply machine learning techniques in areas of computer vision, speech recognition, natural language processing, etc. towards solving practical real-world problems
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with Tensorflow an/or other frameworks to develop and debug neural network models
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with AWS, Google Cloud or other solutions to train models, set up data pipelines, and set up inference engines
- Prior experience working in Embedded Linux/Android and/or RTOS environment for developing IoT products.
- Excellent problem-solving skills especially debugging of complex software systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for applying latest technologies into the development of innovative features and products
- A collaborative attitude and strong desire to succeed as part of the team
- Self-motivated and a strong passion for learning
- Deep understanding of full product development lifecycle
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Sacramento
Job Segment: Developer, Social Media, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Technology, Marketing, Engineering