Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute to and lead various efforts to modernize and cloud-enablement of our current application portfolio in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to lead by applying principles of Agile Scrum, CI/CD based delivery
- Identify and pursue opportunities in business processes, system capabilities and delivery methodologies
- Partner with architects and other engineers to support technical design, development and solution analysis.
- Lead and improve the change management infrastructure and frameworks, improving the development and release process to minimize system downtime
- Plan tool and resource roadmaps to meet continuous delivery requirements, including build throughput requirements, optimization of software license utilization, and optimization of infrastructure capacity
- With your expertise, you bring and maintain best practices in DevOps processes, and help building and improving the team culture
- Communicate effectively with leaders, engineers, product and business stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Mentor the engineering team in applying modern technologies, and also with solution, code and design reviews
- Perform POC’s as needed for innovation and technology modernization.
- Ability to get Involved in hands-on coding when necessary
- Ability to identify, learn and adapt to changes in industry
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 6+ years of Overall Software Development or Engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with multiple modern and cloud technologies as a full-stack engineer such as (Java, Spring Boot, AngularJS, Spark, Kafka, NoSQL DB Platforms (Cassandra, MongoDB), Relational DB Platforms (SQL Server, Oracle), Cloud Platforms (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Azure))
- 2+ years of experience in leading technology initiatives either as individual contributor or with a small team
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD pipelines including Jenkins
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computers Science
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning
- Experience in the health care industry
- Extremely strong communicator able to build relationships across many teams
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, Phoenix, Arizona, AZ
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Software Engineering
BusinessSegment: Optum Technology
Division: Core Claim Platforms
DeliveryModel: Platinum Plus
Shift: Day Job