Job # 907553
Lead Software Test Engineer
A client of ours, who is a leader in Compliance Solutions, is seeking a Lead Software Test Engineer. Candidates should have 7+ years of Quality Assurance experience. If you are interested in this role, please contact Kari Yanni with an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The company has embarked on a project to transform its business and set the stage for future growth. The company's senior leadership has framed a five year mission called Project Everest which includes business transformation as a key component to build scalable, repeatable and agile processes and technology to support the future growth of the company.
It is exciting time to join Project Everest. Everest is the transformation vehicle to implement best in class Enterprise grade programs and processes across the organization. Project Everest is a multi-year project to address core system and process deficiencies which are the root cause of transaction problems. Quality Assurance is one of the key pillars to make any Enterprise successful. We are looking for Quality Assurance leaders who can bring in their passion, years of experience and expertise in the area of Testing and Testing Automation to help build a fantastic program that will be leveraged for all Everest needs.
What you’ll do for us
- Define, drive and govern testing and quality strategy for business-wide projects and initiatives.
- Provide the quality perspective of large scale project plans which span multiple teams and business units.
- Coordinate testing which spans multiple teams and business units, with respect to large software releases, technical upgrade projects, and production incidents as necessary.
- Design, implement, document, mature, and govern standardized quality assurance practices for the business unit.
- Mentor quality assurance team members across the business unit’s development teams, both in group and one-on-one settings.
- Perform impact and cost/value analysis on process improvements, tool evaluations, and other quality maturity efforts.
What we’ll do for you
- Empower you to find your own innovative solutions to challenges face by some of the world’s leading companies
- Give you the freedom to explore, experiment, and implement out-of-the-box ideas
- Provide excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more
Technical skills, experience and qualifications that will make you successful in this role
- 7+ years Quality Assurance experience or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Information Systems or related discipline.
- Applied subject matter expertise stretching across all aspects of quality assurance and test methodology, especially Functional, Usability, Reliability, Performance, Supportability.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous delivery, automation, performance, security, monitoring and reporting is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical senior management and line staff are a requirement.
- Technical depth spanning multiple application architectures and technology stacks, especially microservice based Java or .NET technology stacks .
- Experience working both within the Agile/Scrum development methodology and with large scale iterative development projects
- Experience leading testing/quality efforts across multiple teams and projects is a plus.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178