We are looking for a full time Lead Solar Installer. Excellent career opportunity with a great team for the right candidate. Must have at least 1.5 years of solar installation experience.
The Lead Solar Installer will be responsible for working as a contributing member and the oversight of the solar installation crew, working closely with the crew, and assisting the mechanical portions of residential solar installation. This position assists, organizes, and performs the safety equipment placement, array layout, racking installation, and module placement. The Lead Solar Installer will work as part of a team to safely and successfully complete residential rooftop solar installations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Layout, assembly and installation of solar array and mounting hardware
- Pulling of inventory for each project
- Installation of solar stands & flashings; sealing all roof penetrations
- Assemble and install solar array racking.
- Installation of solar modules, inverter(s), wiring, junction box, disconnects
- Prepare and Maintain site cleanup
- Complete project(s) in a timely manner
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Assist with electrical wiring of energy products
- Provide exceptional customer service to every customer throughout the installation process
- Additional duties may be required as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least one year of rooftop, solar installation experience required
- General construction/framing experience is a plus
- Electrical experience is a plus
- 1 year of working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders and stairs, and performing repetitious duties such as lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50-100 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Ability to safely handle and maintain basic hand and power tools used for installation
- Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor
- Ability to work well others in a collaborative team environment
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment screenings
What’s in it for You?
We’re growing very quickly and need people excited about growing skills. So, if you’re ready to push your comfort level, learn something new every day, and be part of tomorrow’s energy source, come join the fun. We do offer, of course:
- Competitive Pay and Incentives
- Opportunities for Self-development and Career Progression
- Health Benefits, Allowances, 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
Founded in 2008, Sunpro Solar is one of the leading providers of rooftop solar for the Gulf Coast and Southeast regions. Sunpro Solar designs, installs, and maintains the solar panels on residential and commercial properties. Sunpro Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service and was ranked #8 for 2019 Solar Power World’s Magazine Top Solar Rooftop Contractors nationwide as well as no. 209 on Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies in the U.S. Your application will be valid for 60 days.