- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Palm Coast, FL.
- Full Time, Days
- Regularly checks with OR supervisory personnel and assesses the surgical schedule to regularly anticipate instrument and equipment needs. Identifies priorities and directs staff to accommodate changes in service needs based on priority of need.
- Maintains open and direct communication with internal and external customers specific to instruments, equipment and specialty carts and supplies supported by SPD.
- Effectively schedules and supervises staff. Reviews daily time and attendance and communicates recommended staffing adjustments to accommodate periods of high and low productivity with the SPD manager.
- Performs in-service education on basic tray design, identification and setup as indicated.
- Inspects, decontaminates, assembles and sterilizes surgical instruments and equipment. Evaluates tray requests, coordinates tray changes and modifies Impress count sheets as necessary. Maintains accurate sterilization records
- Maintains/coordinates adequate turnaround of instrumentation and trays in the event of an emergency situation.
- Monitors and confirms new equipment and instrument Instructions for use data and communicates appropriately to staff.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Sterile Processing Certification Required
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in Sterile Processing or related Surgical technology field required.
- Two years surgical instrumentation and equipment experience.
Responsible for the manual and mechanical decontamination, preparation and sterilization of products, instruments and equipment. Complies with all policies and procedures regarding decontamination, instrument assembly and sterilization as it applies to Infection Control and safety. In a capacity delineated by the SPD Manager, provides over sight and coordination of daily shift responsibilities within the Sterile Processing department and communicates SPD unit needs and pertinent activities to the SPD Manager. Coordinates unit priorities to accommodate essential ancillary service support to internal and external customers.