Lead Sterile Processing Tech ARRMC
FTE/Hours: FTE: 1.000000
Salary: $17.74-$22.18 ($1k Sign-On Bonus)
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion.
Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality -- the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor. You can see our many other quality awards and accolades HERE.
The Lead Sterile Processing Tech coordinates the Sterile Processing Services functions to assist surgical services and other hospital departments as it relates to reprocessing, decontamination, sterile preparation, storage and distribution of all instruments, trays and sets. Additional responsibilities include providing support to the department manager and team leaders to effectively carry out the vision and function of the Sterile Processing Department.
· 3 years of previous SPS experience working with instruments, steam, sterrad and ETO gas sterilizers, surgery cart systems, and instrument decontamination
· General understanding of the uses and functions of medical/surgical supplies, preferred
· Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT) by CBSPD or Certified Registered Central Service Technician - certified by IAHCSMM
· Demonstrate competency operating ETO, steris, sterrad and steam sterilizers, as well as sonics and cart washer
· Performs the retrieval, reprocessing, storage and distribution of surgical instrumentation to ensure adequate needs are met for surgical cases.
· Distribute specified products housewide and supplies Surgical Services with needed case carts and supplies for patient care.
· Strives for excellence in customer service to support patient satisfaction goals and meet the needs of Surgical Services and all other nursing areas.
What We Offer
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.