St. Luke’s is looking for a Lead Sterile Processing Technician to join our Boise Central Sterile Processing team!
The Lead Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for providing support to the Sterile Processing department.
- Identifies needs and determines priorities through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Responsible for ensuring patient care needs are met through operations of the sterilization process.
- Ensures the proper sterilization/decontamination policy and procedures are followed.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment.
- Leads and mentors others, acting as the first point of escalation.
- Performs the most difficult tasks with little to no supervision.
- Works collaboratively with Operating Room to resolve issues.
- Maintains proper inventory levels of all supplies as required.
- Responsible for quality measures to ensure Environment of Care (EOC) compliance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 2 years in sterile processing environment.
- Licenses/Certifications: CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician) through IAHCSMM orCSPDT (Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Tech) through CBSPD.
Why St. Luke's
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city—both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. Boise is located on the Boise river in southwestern Idaho. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
- Our Boise and Meridian hospitals, St. Luke’s MSTI cancer centers, and Treasure Valley clinics are designated Magnet facilities — the gold standard for nursing excellence.
WHY ST. LUKE'S?
St. Luke’s Health System is Idaho’s largest employer and most awarded health system, with a medical staff of over 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. Made up of eight hospitals around central and southern Idaho, we are proud to be the only locally owned and operated, physician-led, not-for-profit health system in the state. St. Luke’s has been awarded by IBM Watson Health as one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the country for the sixth consecutive year. Only two health systems have received this recognition more years than us – Mayo and Asante. We are committed to providing high quality patient care and positively impacting the lives of those in our community. St. Luke’s enjoys an outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and a superior healthcare organization.
For more information on this and other St. Luke’s opportunities, please contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 208.388-7680
*St. Luke’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke’s Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org