This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center . It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion Synergy and Integrity. The employee shall support Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center 's strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The Sterile Processing Technician cleans, packages, processes and stores clean and sterile supplies. In addition, the Sterile Processing Technician orders and stocks SPD/CS supplies from Materials
- Provides technical expertise to the SPD department: Safely and Competently cleans packages labels, and sterilizes instruments for cases
- Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently perform assigned duties such as decontamination of equipment and supplies, assembly of instrument trays and perform sterilization processes.
- Prioritizes workload.
- Contributes to an effective and safe working environment.
- Maintains cost effective inventories and requests and stores supplies according to par level
- Instructs staff to safely and competently use equipment in the performance of assignment
- Compiles data and completes monthly and quarterly reports due to infection control
- 3 years Sterile Processing experience in an acute care setting
- Ability to fulfill the on-call requirement of the department
Education / Licensure / Certification
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Certified Registered Sterile Processing Technician (CRCST required)
- Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) or Certified Healthcare Leader (CHL) preferred