Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife's Global Information Technology Organization (GITO) is growing and requires a Senior SAN Administrator to lead, innovate and build upon the large storage infrastructure portfolio. The successful candidate will effectively contribute to a diverse team of IT professionals to plan, direct, and coordinate the allocation, maintenance, design, installation, and connectivity of a large EMC based storage infrastructure (~15 PB). As a senior team member, they will lead efforts to drive efficiency, standards, and automation into the environment while utilizing innovative methods to enable robust services and ensure stable operations of the Global IT storage infrastructure.
• The primary focus of this role is deployment and support of EMC storage technologies such as PowerMax, VMAX, VMAX3, Isilon, ECS, XtremeIO, VPLEX, SRDF, Celerra, Unisphere and Brocade storage directors.
• The secondary focus is on EMC data protection technologies such as Networker, DataDomain, Avamar, Data Protection Console, and Data Protection Advisor. Integration of non-EMC technologies used in the environment: Zerto, Aptare, and Virtual Instruments.
• Leverage extensive technical knowledge within multiple areas (technical, business, applications, etc.) in support of global storage infrastructure management activities.
• Leads and participates in incident analysis and provides root cause updates to management.
• Leads the analysis and resolution of reoccurring incidents, implements and provides proactive monitoring/analysis to help prevent problems before they occur.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• 5+ years of progressive work experience in enterprise storage.
• Strong communication and relationship management skills. Ability to collaborate effectively and transparently working as part of a team.
• Proven experience in designing, maintaining, and managing enterprise storage and backup systems.
• Strong consulting skills with an ability to work closely with stakeholders to go beyond “what” they require and focus on “why” such that expectations are met.
• 3-5 years of direct experience identifying and managing infrastructure currency and technical debt.
• Experience with planning and executing multi-site or global storage infrastructure re-platforming and migration projects.
• Ability to influence at all levels without formal authority.
• Proven experience managing multi-site storage infrastructure globally.
- Python and automation experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and relevant certifications. Graduate Degree added bonus.
• Experience working in matrixed environment.
• Spanish language skills.
Global Technology and Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110119