Troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software and setup errors for technicians, and end users. Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion. Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Keeps clients, internal and/or external, informed of action that is being taken and is responsible for ensuring that the end user is satisfied with the resolution. Provide leadership and direction to lower level support specialists. Provide analysis and make recommendations regarding hardware, software and peripheral needs to the end user.
- Provides issue resolution by communicating with all parties involved to ensure minimum downtime.
- Setup and maintain network print queues.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop and laptop operating system software.
- Install, maintain, customize and administer desktop and laptop hardware and peripherals to maintain high availability of these systems.
- Prioritize and resolve support issues in accordance with established service level agreements.
- Assist in the resolution of support issues escalated by lower levels of support.
- Be familiar with the current technologies of desktop systems, laptops and peripherals to the level of being able to make recommendations for business solutions.
- Evaluate proposed software solutions to ensure they will function in the environment they are intended for and provide reports to business owners and management regarding these evaluations.
- Use a project management approach to the installation and implementation of department- or enterprise-wide software application rollouts.
- Ability to connect all desktops to the local area network and verify the workstation’s ability to log in properly, including resolution of any TCP/IP or DHCP issues.
- Provide end user training in hardware operation and software packages as neededf.
- Use enterprise management tools to track all computer-related assets, including software.
- Five years of experience in the field or the equivalent of related experience and education.
- Three years experience supporting active MS Operating systems, MS Office programs, Networking protocols, peripheral equipment and Personal Digital Assistants.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.