Lead Surgical Tech CVOR AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- $5,000 Sign on Bonus, $3,000 relocation incentive
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Collaborates with the surgical team in the Cardiovascular Lead Surgical Technologist role under the direct supervision of a qualified Registered Nurse
- Actively participates and directs the ongoing management of surgical supply inventories, surgical equipment and instrumentation, and preference card maintenance
- Assists with the maintenance of surgical instruments, supplies and equipment. Serves as a leader, resource, educator and role model in the provision of quality patient care during the intra-operative phase of patient care
- Coordinates with physicians and vendors, the acquisition of equipment needed related to specific procedures. Notifies and follows up with the appropriate personnel for equipment repair and maintenance
- Engages in doctor preference card (DPC) accuracy
- May be required to work longer than regularly scheduled shift when situation requires
- Will be required to take on call on a regular basis including weekends
- May be required to assist in areas other than regularly assigned areas as needed
What You Will Need:
- Current CST certification, or ability to become certified within one year of hiring date
- BLS and ACLS certification required
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Surgical Tech program
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in complex Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures
The Lead Cardiovascular Surgical Tech will ensure the delivery of safe and effective treatment of patients during surgical procedures in the CVOR. This position will be required to act as a staff preceptor for the safe operations of equipment and will participate in supervisor and inventory control roles. Additionally, the Lead Cardiovascular Surgical Tech will be required to demonstrate and perform leadership functions within the department. This position may be responsible for Laser Safety responsibilities for the department as well.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.