Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visas sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The VISA BI and AnalysticsTeam is looking for a Lead Software Engineer.We'e looking for somone with experience in application development developing Data Processing pipelines and engines. Experience in designing and implementing multi-lingual text processing applicationsapplications using NLP, Information Retrieval and Machine Learning techniques is also preferred. The selected candidate will also experience withexploring and innovating new IP, genres, and product experiences. They will also have experience in ideation, software design, programming, debugging, and optimization.
- Lead your own small team of dreamers, self-starters and go getters, in an extreme programming model
- Develop new ideas into demo-able products
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles concept to working prototype in weeks, days and hours
- Leverage the small team to the fullest to work on multiple parallel POCs and incubation efforts
- Use stubs as needed to simulate capabilities lighting up in the near future
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- Provide feedback into core product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy
10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in application development developing Data Processing pipelines and engines
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience using Scala, Java,Python, Spark, Map/Reduce and related Big Data Technologies
- Experience in designing and implementing multi-lingual text processing applicationsapplications using NLP, Information Retrieval and Machine Learning techniques
- Experience with Test Automation and Continuous integration using GIT, Stash, Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
- Hands-on experience with relational database such as MySQL,DB2, MongoDB etc.
- Demonstrated prior work exploring and innovating new IP, genres, and product experiences
- Experience in ideation, software design, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Prior experience working in a start-up is a plus
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.