Lifetouch, a Shutterfly Company has a key opportunity available for a Lead Systems Architect. We are seeking an experienced Lead Systems Architect to join our team of talented and highly dedicated IT professionals. If you are passionate about problem-solving and innovation, this is an excellent career opportunity for you.
Lifetouch is a Shutterfly Company. We are an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in business requirements sessions and in the development of use cases.
- Produces detailed functional design document to match customer requirements (applying UML).
- Produces technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements.
- Leads the customer feedback and UAT sessions.
- Analyzes and designs enhancements and fixes to applications based on beta testing and rollout learnings of the solution when implemented.
- Partners with server, database, networking and project or cross-functional teams throughout the development lifecycle.
- Creates and maintains documentation of existing and new system architecture and the associated technology portfolio.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with appropriate cross-functional representatives through the solutions implementation to ensure requirements are met and functionality works as desired and defined.
- Acts as a subject matter expert/technical resource, provides guidance, and shares technical expertise with other members of the team.
- Builds technical knowledge (of self and others), specifically related to applicable emerging technologies (e.g., AWS, Cloud) in support of application development and integration efforts and makes recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent related experience.
- IT function specialty certification(s) (e.g., AWS Solutions Architect, Oracle Certified Master, Certified Scrum Coach), preferred.
- 8+ years in software development developing and designing applications in various architectures.
- Demonstrated functional requirements development and working directly with stakeholders.
- Designing architectures to meet requirements utilizing technologies across application tiers:
- Client-side (e.g., JAVA script, HTML, CSS)
- Application framework (e.g., Spring, Grails, Hibernate, MVC, and CMS systems)
- API use and development (e.g., REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Relational database (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, no-SQL databases)
- Queueing and workflow (e.g., JMS, AWS SQS, Rabbit MQ, )
- Third-party systems integration (e.g., Exact Target, Groupon, Vertex, payment gateways)
- Web Servers (e.g., Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Varnish)
- Working in a cross-functional environment.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Expert technical knowledge of the business specific functional/operational areas and IT technologies involved
- Solid understanding of SOA and enterprise integration patterns.
- Ability to design, prototype and assess architecture solutions.
- Knowledge of data privacy issues and laws.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and challenges.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative