Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect will receive a $1,000 sign-on bonus, subject to repayment if the employee voluntarily terminates their employment with XPO Logistics within the first 6 months. Bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply. Current XPO employees are not eligible for sign-on bonuses.
A $500 retention bonus will be paid to those eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 6 months of continuous employment with XPO Logistics in their current qualified position. Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 12 months of continuous employment in their current qualified position will receive another $500 bonus. The bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply. Current XPO employees are not eligible for retention bonuses.
Pay starts at $32.47
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our skilled team of technicians is the driving force that keeps our equipment in top condition. As the Technician Lead, you will ensure that your team has the tools and the skills needed to maintain the equipment. You’ll be responsible for creating schedules, supervising front-line shop personnel, ordering parts, overseeing vendor control and training technicians. You’ll also provide reliable and roadworthy equipment at the lowest cost of ownership to our Driver Sales Representatives to allow them to provide superior and safe service to our customers. If you’re excited about the challenge of working for a dynamic global company, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Schedule and supervise shop personnel
- Order parts and manage vendors
- Ensure technicians receive required training
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment, forklifts and trailing equipment in compliance with the manufacturers' and company’s schedules
- Safely access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of vehicles and trailers
- Apply knowledge of and work in accordance with the standards of the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA); follow all rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and lead your team to do the same
- Repair or rebuild all or parts of various equipment systems
- Move trailers throughout the property
- Operate a hostler in all types of weather; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 4 years of related work experience
- ASE Master MD/HD truck certification (if not already in place, will be required to test each session until Master Certification status is obtained)
- A valid driver’s license
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicle air conditioning systems
- To obtain EPA HVAC Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certification within 90 days of hire (ASE, MACS or equivalent)
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
- 3 years of hands-on experience as a fleet technician
- Tractor and trailer experience
- Forklift repair knowledge
- Basic welding skills (Oxy/Acetylene, MIG and ARC)
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Aurora
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Job Segment:Technician, Outside Sales, Supply, Logistics, HVAC, Technology, Sales, Operations