CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Seeking an Optical Transport Network Test Engineer (Lab) who has substantial knowledge of carrier class optical technologies, networks and implementations. This position requires advanced testing skills and the ability to develop efficient, repeatable test scenarios that follow established engineering guidelines and procedures. Must also develop, run and modify established test plans and solve advanced issues with limited support. This position must work directly with network Operations to develop, test and integrate new software features and/or hardware to ensure minimal impact to CenturyLink networks while working closely with Network Engineering and Architecture.
MUST HAVE THE FOLLOLWING TOP 4 key bullet points in order to qualify for job
- Possess provisioning and behavioral expertise with ADVA or Infinera family of network devices. If you have one of the 2 mentioned plus Huawei, this would be ideal.
- Possess advanced level knowledge with the most current MEF, ITU-T and Telcordia standards, recommendations and requirements.
- Extensive and advanced level experience with optical and electrical test devices such as VIAVI Solutions, EXFO, Digital Light Wave and Agilent Technologies.
- Act as a resident subject matter expert on optical transport technologies such as DWDM modulation techniques, DWDM/ROADM, GBE, SONET and SDH/PDH.
Additional skills to have.
- Expert level understanding of Error and Alarm requirements AND an understanding of required network element behavior.
- Build efficient lab testing environments that allow for minimal redevelopment and faster test completion scenarios.
- Create Engineering test reports, assist Engineering in developing planning guidelines and MOPS, policies and standards.
- Provides recommendations to Architecture, Engineering and Leadership on the quality, reliability, stability and readiness for deployment of Optical technologies.
- Identify gaps in current design and research / propose appropriate solutions based on technical and business drivers.
- Technical knowledge and experience greater than 5 years is the basic qualification for this position.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Advanced knowledge and practical experiences with Optical technologies.
- Extensive network engineering experience designing & implementing DWDM systems from vendors such as ADVA, Infinera and Huawei.
- Intermediate level of knowledge in IP/MPLS and Ethernet technologies.
- Independently determines and pursues course of action necessary to achieve results.
- Usually determines own work priorities. Strong interpersonal skills. Must be a flexible team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Engineering General or Computer Science
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition #: 215884
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.