We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Join a diverse group of passionate designers dedicated to building experiences that help millions of people enjoy more of the world.
We’re looking for self-motivated problem-finders, who can help us craft and improve customer experiences on a global scale for multiple brands, across devices and platforms, in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
As a Lead UX Designer, you will lead a team through the alignment of design strategy to the delivery of detailed executions, to improve Expedia’s products and services for millions of our customers worldwide, every day.
You are like us if you:
- Inspire and lead teams of designers, content strategists and researchers in the creation of delightful, easy to use experiences that drive business goals
- Thrive when partnering with business and engineering to align on problems, evaluate success criteria and prioritize an efficient roadmap
- Enjoy designing across multiple devices and platforms, from responsive web applications to iOS and Android mobile apps
- Ground your work in observations, research and analytics; you evaluate competitive and innovative products, designs and technology approaches to generate ideas and validate through testing
- Take pride in mentoring other designers, and advocate for user-centered design practices
- Believe universal design is the best design; you design for people of all abilities
- Think about design as a system, contributing to and maintaining pattern libraries as a way to influence both quality and efficiency for products.
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- Degree in a relevant field (human-computer interaction, graphic design, interaction design, computer science, or communications)
- Portfolio demonstrating expert use of typography, color, imagery, grid systems, and well-crafted animation/transitions
- Portfolio demonstrating sound product-thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design and information architecture
- Expertise in web standards, native mobile design systems and responsive/adaptive design techniques
- While not a requirement, we look for experience hand-coding HTML/CSS and JS and a fundamental understanding of responsive web design standard methodologies (bonus points if you’ve used LESS or SCSS and GitHub)
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.