The VOID is the leader in location-based entertainment and immersive virtual experiences. At The VOID you can explore new dimensions and experience new worlds without limits! From fighting intergalactic wars on alien planets, to casting spells in the darkest of dungeons, The VOID is the Future of Entertainment. Only limited by imagination, our advanced Virtual-Reality technologies allow you to see, move, and feel digital worlds in a completely immersive and realistic way. Our VOID Entertainment Centers are coming to major cities throughout North and South America, Asia, Europe and Australia. More than watching a movie or playing a game…in The VOID you will live an adventure.
The VOID is looking to hire an exceptionally sharp, talented, and experienced LeadVirtualReality (VR) Technician. The Lead VR Technician is the primary point of contact for all technical matters at their location and provides key services in supporting the system needs of the VOID Terminal. The right candidate must be creative in solutions yet disciplined with maintaining standards and documentation. The ability to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical teams and adapt to ever changing technology needs and conditions is a must. This role reports directly to the General Manager.
- Main point of contact for technical configuration and communication of systems status
- Mentor team members on the proper care and service of Centers systems
- Responsible for preventive maintenance schedules
- Maintain documentation of systems and services performed
- Monitor system activity for issues and provide resolution
- Process hardware replacement shipping and receiving
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Troubleshoot issues with virtual reality hardware and software, point-of-sale systems, and audio/video equipment
- Understand computer network components
- Experienced in desktop computer hardware and software compressors, air tanks, and wiring principals
- Able to clearly communicate through written and verbal means
- Well organized and able to track multiple issues concurrently
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Aptitude and dexterity to work with small tools and electronic components
- Mechanical operating understanding of water pumps, air
- This position is required to travel for training to assist in the deployment of the new location
- Familiar with power tools, mechanical troubleshooting, repair, and/or construction experience (desired, but not required)
The VOID provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex or pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.