Privately held and employee-owned, HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firms. We are currently seeking an industry leader in the Iowa market to help lead work in flood control studies, stream restoration work and site civil design, as well as support similar work across a wider footprint of HR Green. Successful candidate must have 10-15 years of direct experience in the aforementioned areas. The candidate will be responsible to help develop practice and market these services to existing and new clients, prepare proposals, negotiate contracts and lead the technical design of the work including mentoring of junior staff and project engineers. This position can either be located in our Cedar Rapids, IA office or Des Moines, IA office.
Our comprehensive benefits program covers what you need: health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, AND what you want: Educational Assistance, annual paid volunteering time, work- life balance scheduling options, and fitness program reimbursements. Professional development is woven into the fabric of HR Green as we offer flexible career path options, in-house training programs, and incentives for professional registrations and public speaking.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering. A Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience is required.
- Ability to plan and lead the preparation of contract documents for water resource projects is required.
- Must be highly motivated to grow market share and market water resource services to new and existing clients, manage design and construction projects (concept and final design), delegate work and coach staff.
- Demonstrates successful networking, collaboration and partnering skills.
- Has a positive industry reputation such that s/he is well known in professional organizations and within the industry marketplace.
- Exhibits a pattern of exceeding expectations, key performance indicator (KPI) targets and project deliverables.
- Knowledge of Hydrologic and Hydraulic (H&H) modeling software including but not limited to HEC1, HEC2, HEC-RAS, XP-SWMM, FEQ and ArcGIS is preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation and GeoPak; drainage is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must possess a current, valid Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
- Must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.