Asa new addition to the American Express family, our team is working to developadditional ways to become an essential part of Card Members' digital lives byenabling travelers to discover, book, and access airport lounges worldwide. Youwill have the freedom, ownership, and speed of a startup with the backing,support, and resources of American Express.
Your work will be incredibly impactful aswe enter our next stage of growth. As a Lead Web Developer at LoungeBuddy,you will work across our e-commerce consumer website as well as a businessanalytics and reporting tool for lounge operators.
Who are you?
- You have built and maintained a high performance, scalable web application
- You enjoy leading and mentoring junior engineers
- You are familiar with the best practices of web security
- You are comfortable working within an existing framework, and when no framework is provided, you are capable of building and defining your own processes
- You have a strong work ethic and not only complete tasks, but constantly seek opportunities to hone your craft and design the best solutions possible
- You care deeply about the quality of your work, and go the extra mile to make sure all details have been vetted, researched, and clearly communicated
- You are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for colleagues of all backgrounds
We come from all around the world, spanningmultiple continents. The LoungeBuddy teamis made up of very unique and fascinating people. We are a small but mightyteam that are passionate about working collaboratively, travel, and of courseairport lounges. Our pillars are Trust & Respect, Collaboration, Learning& Growth, Ownership, and Empathy. Since our acquisition, we have kept ourexisting team but have gained the resources and backing of American Express tobuild the world’s best travel experiences!
Discover more about us here: https://www.loungebuddy.com/about/team
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a joband making a difference.
American Express has been making adifference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments bigand small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggestchallenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the livesof our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helpingthem with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as theygrow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend withtheir family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path,we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into thebest future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way toback our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Deep understanding of Node.js and Web Development (4 years of Node preferred)
- Experience with React.js and Angular.js
- Solid grasp of software design patterns and why they are important
- Ability to communicate complex software concepts to non-technical team members well and enjoy those conversations
- Experience with automated testing
- Enjoy shipping often and getting your hard work in front of hundreds of thousands of users regularly
- Enjoys iterative, user-driven development that prioritizes user feedback
- Takes an interest in the bigger picture, and how their current work fits into the team’s larger goals
- Know how to prioritize and finding the 80/20 when necessary
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience with Localization
- Experience with performance optimization using profiling
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these position
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 23, 2019, 11:47:30 AM