Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum of (5) years of comprehensive wound management including wound assessment, formulation of treatment plan, recommendation of appropriate wound dressing, documentation, evaluation, education, data collection, surveillance and outcome data.
- Minimum one (3) year hospital Medical/Surgical or Rehabilitation experience.
- Knowledge of principals of infection control.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current professional nursing license for state of employment. Must maintain current BLS certification and CPR certification throughout employment. ACLS certification preferred within 1 year of employment or as available courses allow. Wound Care Nursing Certification and Wound Debridement Certification preferred.
The Wound Care Nurse/ RN coordinates treatment to provide comprehensive wound assessments and plan of care including goals, implementation, evaluation of outcomes for patients ranging in age from 18 years to geriatric experiencing medically complex conditions, general medical-surgical conditions, with rehabilitation and/or wound care needs.
The Wound Care Nurse duties include:
- Provides patient, family and staff education regarding prevention of pressure ulcers and therapeutic support services, dressing selection and adjunctive therapy.
- Collaborates with clinical staff, physicians and other members of the treatment team to provide the patient with the highest quality and most appropriate wound care.
- Acts as a resource for the treatment team and clinical staff and assists with staffing as assigned.
- Trains and manages the Wound Care Team Members to include orientation, competency validation and in-service training.
- Organizes and directs the interdisciplinary Wound Care Committee
- Perform additional duties assigned.
- Vacation/paid time off
- Long Term Disability
- Paid sick days
- On Site Cafeteria
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Events
- Paid Holidays
- Military Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Free Food and Coffee
- Subsidized Commuting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Gym Memberships
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Flexible Schedules
- Merchandise Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave