As the Lean “NLS”Manager you will be responsible for guiding and mentoring teams in LeanThinking and Continuous Improvement activities. The Nike Logistics System is theguidance to our approach to Lean and its progression. Candidate should have a fundamentalunderstanding of Lean and the curiosity and willingness to learn and grow withthe team. You will work with the Distribution Center team, as well as NorthAmerican Supply Chain and Global NLS teams.The ability to engage people is also key in this position. Otherresponsibilities include:
- Models behaviors regarding Lean Thinking using tools and concepts
- Constructively questions status quo and is the change agent that challenges existing processes to reduce or eliminate waste and increase value-add to our customers
- Develops training modules regarding administrative and operational Lean tools
- Works closely with technical resources to help drive efficiencies and develop continuous improvement opportunities and best practices.
- Teaches and utilizes, PDCA methodology, root cause analysis, problem solving, standard work and follow-up.
- Works with the Operations team and helps to manage a Continuous Improvement Plan for the plant and track savings.
- Lead focused efforts aimed at breakthrough and incremental improvements in process, department and/or line-specific opportunities that meet and exceed plant operational performance metrics.
- Monitor data and metrics to identify areas of waste and prioritize the development and implementation of solutions.
- Provide appropriate documentation, project update communication and coordinate success celebrations
- Facilitate teams through experimentation, learning how to fail fast and recover, and celebrate wins.
- Share best practices and build relationships with CI resources
- All other duties as assigned.
- BA degree preferred (engineeringor operations)
- Minimum 5 yearsexperience in teaching and mentoring lean required
- 5+ years of Lean and CIexposure
- Problem Solving training*(Six sigma, DMAIC, etc)
- Experience infacilitation of diverse groups from hourly to executives
- Experience in creatingtraining and program managing training curriculum