Our client, a Big Four global leader in Professional Services is hiring a Data Analyst to join their Learning & Development team. Ideal location is Tampa, FL, but candidates may also sit in NYC, Florham Park, NJ, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, or McLean, VA.
The Measurement & Analytics reporting team consults with L&D stakeholders to design and develop operational reports, learning queries and reporting metrics, as well as develop solutions to automate manual work functions for the Learning & Development department.
Responsibilities of the Data Analyst will include
- Partner with project managers and stakeholders to understand and document business and functional requirements; develop, design and execute various reporting dashboards, packages and ad hoc reporting requests
- Working with large volumes of data; creating and maintaining complex reports for learning programs, tracking learner completion in a variety of learning initiatives and reporting on learning effectiveness
- Validate reports and data sets against source systems to ensure quality and accuracy
- Design and develop data cleansing and update routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching that leverages knowledge within data and technology management.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar type role
- Working knowledge of data analysis from collection through reporting and recommendations
- Extensive knowledge of relational databases (tables, queries, forms, reports, macros, data exports and manipulation)
- Experience working with large volumes of data; creating and maintaining complex reports
- Experience validating reports and data sets against source systems to ensure quality and accuracy
- Understanding of SQL or other applicable data manipulation language
- Experience with converting legacy reports to BI solutions as part of systems upgrade initiatives
- Working knowledge of VB, PeopleSoft, PSQuery, SQL Server, Crystal Reporting and Microstrategy Business Intelligence or other business intelligence / data warehouse tools.
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management, Cornerstone On Demand or other Learning Management System experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to leverage advanced functionality for analyzing and manipulating data in MS ACCESS. Skills would include thorough understanding of relationships and linkage between tables, ability to both create and troubleshoot tables, queries, forms, reports, macros and switchboards, as well as the ability to "build" a reporting database from the ground up.
- Proven ability to leverage advanced functionality for analyzing and manipulating data in MS Excel. Skills would include using and applying advanced chart features, creating and manipulating PivotTables and PivotCharts (i.e. custom formulas, calculated field/items), as well as proven ability creating and manipulating macros, complex logical functions (i.e. IF, AND, COUNTIF) and performing data summary tasks (i.e. VLOOKUP, parse data, array formulas, Nested IF functions).
Core Skill Set and Background Requirements
- Client service mindset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong presence and communication skills
- Self sufficient with strong initiative and willingness to learn
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications, Google platforms, and cloud based tools
- Ability and experience in managing people
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in a professional services firm or equivalent
- Experience relevant to specific to role
- 3-5 yrs training and development experience
- Prior Big Four experience a plus
- Bachelor degree or equiv experience preferred. Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BA, BS) in Computer Science or related field is preferable, with coursework in statistics, policy analysis, data modeling, etc.
- Equivalent combination of experience, education and training will be considered.