At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Learning and Development Specialist supports the development and implementation of high quality technical training courses and programs to drive AST employee competence in sterilization processing and regulatory compliance at all levels of the organization.
- With guidance, develops and maintains the training material library and/or STERISU to include course offerings and training event schedules; and provides library materials upon employee’s requests.
- Assists in the review of available and newly developed training materials to ensure continued appropriateness including technical and compliance updates.
- Once a training topic is assigned, assists with Learner needs assessments and project coordination with subject matter experts for material development and delivery.
- With direction, utilizes educationally sound strategies to design and develop curricula and instructional materials including agendas, exercises, and other materials for self-paced interactive, mobile learning, and blended learning formats.
- Utilizes appropriate tools and software to transfer knowledge into mobile learning methodology.
- Assists with the development of specialized training and certification programs for key positions such as machine operators, measurement system technicians, planners and schedulers, and technical staff.
- Coordinates new employee orientation and employee skills assessments with Human Resources and Plant Management.
- Engages with STERIS Learning and Development staff to understand and follow best practices and learning management system processes.
- Assists with the development of process improvements based on best in class training principles.
- Increases professional skills, knowledge and abilities by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Supports the business imperatives of Growth, Operational Excellence, Leadership Excellence and Customer Focus, by acting with integrity, treating everyone with mutual respect, exhibiting a genuine commitment to the success of all employees, and delivering satisfaction to our customers through teamwork, innovation and continuous improvement; this will be accomplished while acting safely and is defined as "The STERIS Way."
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in Instructional Design, Human Resources, or science-related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Instructional Design, Education, Human Resources, or science-related field will be accepted in lieu of a bachelor's degree
- Experience with e-learning authoring tool such as Captivate, Storyline or related software highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Systems and/or regulated environment experience preferred.
- Experience in writing content for corporate communications preferred.
- Experience with LMS operation preferred.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.