Department: HR - L&D
Reports to: Mgr, L&D
Location: Louisville, KY
Provides facilitation, assessment, content development, teaching and monitoring of educational programs. Responsible for onboarding and mentoring new Learning and Development specialists in their first 90 days. Mentors and supports the ongoing development of new and existing. Learning and Development Specialist. Provides instructional design support to key learning and development delivery projects. Leads learning and development projects supporting enterprise initiatives, including market acquisitions and expansions. Monitors, analyzes and reports on feedback trends.
- Trains, facilitates and assesses training programs for WellCare in office and remote settings.
- Assesses, designs and develops instructional materials including training manuals, facilitation guides, teaching aids, assessments, training activities, role play scenarios, self-paced study and performance evaluation tools.
- Employs a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training program
- Conducts research for needs assessments and provides written complete detailed recommendations to Manager.
- Manages group dynamics through the use of “learner focused” environment and adult accelerated learning methods.
- Responsible for associate development including coaching associates to perform effectively
- Reviews all programs assigned and continuously ensures they meet the rigorous standards that are set forth.
- Produces professional presentations and training materials using MS Word, PowerPoint and other desktop publishing software.
- Revises existing training materials and programs based on audit results, questionnaires, changing procedures and feedback from internal/ external customers, subject matter experts, program sponsors and trainers.
- Coordinates and organizes enrollment of students, assembles necessary program materials, decoration/setup of classroom, shopping for supplies, catering and other functions related to WellCare University.
- Schedules training programs and prepares training status reports, assessments and evaluation tools.
- Leads and coordinates projects for the department.
- Responsible for training trainers and managers on new content.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required or equivalent work experience
- Required 4 years of experience in design and delivery of training programs using strong facilitation and communication skills, evaluation of learner needs, assessment of training programs and implementation of learning solutions for performance enhancement, OR
- Required 3 years of experience in clinical practice in a hospital, clinic or other provider setting.
- Required Other Experience in the following areas: Government Programs, Medicare and Medicaid/Clinical practice in a hospital, clinic or other provider setting /Claims / Member Services / Health Services / Call Center / Sales / Provider Relations Training and development / Corporate University/ HMO, managed health care or Insurance professional/ Curriculum development specialist/ Team leader for groups of 25 or more/ On line training / Computer based learning professional/ Public speaker / seminar leader
- Intermediate Other Proficient in writing professional self-study books and scripted lessons
- Advanced Other Skilled as a facilitator, public speaker and/or seminar leader experience
- Intermediate Other Ability to read large amounts of technical materials and extract key ideas for use in written / spoken lesson plans and programs.
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Preferred Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
- Preferred Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Preferred Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred Intermediate Articulate
- Preferred Intermediate Adobe Acrobate
- Preferred Intermediate SharePoint
- Preferred Intermediate Other Skilled at conducting Internet research
- Preferred Spanish
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at www.wellcare.com. EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.