TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, an innovative IT professional services firm located just outside the Washington DC beltway, is looking for candidates with a high degree of versatility, integrity, and technical ability for a novel research and development program benefitting some of the most-prestigious government agencies. TISTA’s approach is to go beyond contractual requirements and pursue innovative projects that allow it to exceed customer requirements. In addition to developing with leading-edge application web/mobile and big data frameworks, employees will be challenged to demonstrate creativity and adaptability; the ability to safeguard sensitive information and work independently; and the ability to contribute on tight-knit, cross-functional teams within an agile, startup culture.
TISTA Science and Technology is seeking a Learning Management Systems (LMS) Administrator to join our Research and Development team in Rockville, MD.
- Perform system administration activities for an internal Moodle LMS on a highly innovative training platform
- Review/monitor system performance and ensure LMS functionality works as intended without bugs and/or unexpected errors
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process & quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements
- Collaborate with the training development team to perform frequent quality reviews and potentially develop course content using Articulate 360
- Perform system administration tasks for additional cloud-based services as needed
- Continuously assess the digital landscape and industry trends in eLearning, share new ideas and learnings with internal teams, and bring innovative thinking
- Full consideration for candidates with less experience who demonstrate the hunger to master system administrator tasks
- 2+ years of professional experience in an LMS administrator or similar role
- Experience with open-source Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Moodle
- Experience working with e-Learning software and authoring tools such as Articulate 360 (preferred)
- Experience with PHP (preferred)
- Experience working on a cross-functional Scrum team (preferred)
- An undergraduate degree in communication, education, design, or technical field
- Rockville, MD
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.