November 2019 Posting
The Lease Administrator will assist in maintaining the lease database of company's financial data processing system and lease files as well as assist with the management of litigation affecting properties within the portfolio.
Our client currently manages a national portfolio of high-quality, well-located retail, commercial and other assets throughout the U.S.
- 5+ Years’ experience in commercial real estate, with a background in lease administration or property management setting or as a commercial real estate paralegal
- In depth Understanding commercial lease and loan documentation
- Ability to coordinate large amounts of information and data for projects and presentations
- Detailed oriented with a proven ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Proficient in math calculations such as prorations, percentage increases and other lease related math
- Experience in commercial landlord/tenant law and bankruptcy
- Proficient with Yardi, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and Word
- Ability to work with management and owners
- Ability to interact with local counsel
- Ability to work with many different personalities in a fast-paced business environment
- Produce reports, or special projects in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of entity structuring and related documentation
- Multi-state experience preferred, but not required
- Work with property managers when leases are prepared, review leases for accuracy and resolve issues with property managers and counsel during the review process.
- Abstract and input executed leases with proper documentation i.e.: W-9s, insurance certificates, emergency contact sheets
- Enter 1st month charges into accounting software, noting requisite pro-rations
- Scan and attach to Yardi executed leases, and lease detail sheets
- Coordinate expirations, option exercise dates, and other critical information to the billing department and management
- Communicate any CAM related lease changes to CAM accountant
- Prepare and execute lease audits, compile reports on audits and present to controller and upper management
- Manage project calendars – Diary critical dates and events
- Maintain lease files, and online library
- Prepare notices, monitor collections and delinquent account activities
- Review property acquisition and conveyance documentation
- Coordinate with internal and external counsel where necessary for active litigation
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties involving filing, faxing, copying, etc.
- All additional duties assigned by controller, property managers, upper management and owners