Company Name: [[req_brand]]
Location Name: Midland, TX
Location Address: 4305 N. Garfield St., Midland, TX, United States (US), 79705
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Early to Mid-career
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The Lease Crude Oil Supply Trader(s) will be located in Midland, Texas.
The position(s) will be an integral part of MPC’s Crude Oil Trading organization, responsible tonegotiate and arrange lease purchases as dictated by refinery economics, market conditions and logistics to maximize economic margin consistent with safe refinery supply chain operations and other MPC values. While this position will report into the Manager located in Midland, TX, the Crude Oil Trading organizational team members are located in Findlay, Calgary, Denver, Midland, Singapore and at a majority of the MPC refineries.
The position(s) should be viewed as a growth opportunity for a highly motivated individual that has a strong aptitude and a keen interest for a commercial career. This role will allow the successful candidate(s) to better understand the crude oil supply business, while performing a complex and critical function.
1. Negotiating and arranging the purchase and sale of crude oil in the West Texas & New Mexico region as dictated by refinery economics, market conditions and logistical requirements.
2. Interacting with Traders, Schedulers, Refinery Feedstock Coordinators, Accountants, Engineers, Analysts, Legal and other personnel in Crude Oil Supply & Logistics, Refining, Crude Quality, Transport & Logistics, Business Development, IT and Finance & Commercial Services. These interactions will be required to stay abreast of trading, logistical and financial activity, prepare contracts, address information queries, initiate, recommend, develop and implement existing and new acquisition or sales strategies for achieving optimum value added from crude oil purchases, sales, and logistics.
3. Participate on any number of interdisciplinary teams to explore and develop improved crude oil trading supply chain processes, tools and activity.
4. Assist Crude Oil Schedulers and Refinery Feedstock Coordinators and others to evaluate, negotiate and arrange optimal crude oil transportation and storage logistical asset utilization consistent with the optimal crude oil acquisition and disposition strategy.
5. Representing the Company at industry functions and keeping abreast of evolving industry conditions by training, reading, building and maintaining internal and external contacts related to crude oil trading.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, economics, accounting or related field of study
- 2 or more years of experience in trading or marketing including profit/loss responsibility for product trading, contract negotiation, and scheduling (rail, truck, and pipe)
- Proficient with computer and information technology skills
- Applies sound economic evaluation principles to guide decision making
- Ability to see industry trends early and take actions based on what one sees in the market
- Team-oriented, Self-motivating, and ability to initiate action
- Builds strong and balanced relationships both externally and internally
- Communicates actively and effectively
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.